Top 10 Critical Things You Should Know Before You Select A General Dentist
Cosmetic dentistry requires both aesthetic ability and as well as all the skill and knowledge of a truly great dentist, and it couldn’t be more intimate or personal. Below are some suggestions to make sure that, whether you decide to work with Premier Care Dental Group or some other provider, you can maximize your chances for a truly beautiful smile.
- Beware of Home Remedies and Over the Counter “Miracles”! Particularly when it comes to whitening products, there is an awful lot of poor information out there that can make your teeth vulnerable to numerous problems. Many home whitening techniques and products can actually wear down the enamel and contribute to a number of minor and major problems. On the other hand, whitening toothpastes and similar products from reputable toothpaste manufacturers are unlikely to be harmful, but they are also unlikely to produce notable results.
- Know Your Cosmetic Dentist. First of all, make sure you are working with a licensed, reputable dentist. It’s important to know their background and experience. If you can find bios online that, can be a good place to start.
- Know Your Dental Office. It’s not just the dentist who’s helping you to a beautiful smile; it’s also the dental technicians, assistants, and even the office staff. On your first visit, watch them closely, especially look at how they treat other patients – because that’s the way they’re going to treat you!
- Understand Your Care. When you have your initial consultation, make sure that the dentist is a good communicator. It’s extremely important that you have a clear understanding of how your cosmetic procedures are likely to go before you get started. The more you know, the better off you are
- Seek the Holistic Smile! Obviously, having bright, well-shaped teeth is crucial to a beautiful smile, but they’re not the whole story. Everything in and around the teeth is just as important, and a good cosmetic dentist should be able to craft teeth and the gum line so that they flatter your entire face.
- Before and After. One of the best ways to know what’s realistic to expect for cosmetic dentistry is to see pictures of other patients who have had treatments, and then check out pictures from your own dentist. Compare and contrast!
- Obey! We know that sounds super creepy, but all we really mean is that, if you are serious about getting a better smile, you need to carry out your dentist’s instructions. If you’re not willing to do what’s necessary to make your teeth more attractive, there’s not much point in going to a cosmetic dentist.
- Almost No Pain, Some Gain! Many people who may dream of a beautiful smile are stymied by dental phobia, an all too common issue that’s often made worse by exaggerated fears from childhood. Know that modern dentistry offers a number of options, from the thoughtful use of topical anesthetics to sedation dentistry for those who need some serious soothing.
- Dollars and Sense. Nothing in this world is free, and that certainly applies to cosmetic dentistry. Make sure you communicate clearly with your dentist and his office staff so that they understand your budgetary situation. That doesn’t mean, however, they you have to cheat yourself of the best cosmetic dentists can offer. Many dental offices provide financing plans so that a beautiful smile can be within the reach of most budgets.
- Be realistic. Modern cosmetic dentistry can accomplish a great deal, but it’s important to keep your expectations in line to make sure you feel good about the final outcome. While it’s good to dream, sometimes it’s best to hope for less and maybe get a little bit more in the end.